It’s National Home Eye Safety Month
Every month we celebrate something. For the past many years we mostly recognize October as the month that everyone wears pink for breast cancer awareness month. We love seeing all the pink around town! But today we’re going to talk about eye safety around your home. Here’s a few tips we found recently, so in recognition of #homeeyesafetymonth we’d like to share those with you:
- If you are doing work in your yard or garden, wear eye protection. Safety goggles protect your eyes against particles and dust, flying debris, and chemical splashes. Remember, your regular glasses won’t do the job, but you can find safety goggles that will fit right over them to ensure protection from all angles.
- When you’re using products like bleach, detergents, and cleansers, never mix chemical agents. Make sure you always read and follow the directions, manufacturer warnings and guidelines. Make sure you stay in areas that are well-ventilated.
- Provide lighting in stairways and other areas around the house that may be easy to stumble around at night.
- If you’re cooking with oil, be sure to use some sort of shield to prevent it from splashing up on you.
- Make sure tools and cleaning supplies are out of the reach of children.