It’s that time of year. The weather is turning colder, but the few warm days we have remind us we need to get our homes ready for winter. Here are a few quick items for your checklist:
- Be sure to schedule your yearly furnace check-up. If you don’t have a company that you call regularly, it’s a great thing to do so you can get on their list. Better to be proactive than to have no heat when it’s 10 below zero!
- Be sure to remove all garden hoses from their exterior hose bibs. I can’t tell you how many times we get a call from a frantic homeowner who forgot.
- Clean out any debris from your gutters and make sure gutters and downspouts are secure
- Check and replace your furnace filter
- Turn on the pilot light to your fireplace
You may decide you’d like to have a home maintenance inspection if you’re considering selling your home in the next year or two. Give us a call if that’s the case. And once you’re done with these simple projects, why not take a day to just enjoy the beautiful fall scenery and weather! A drive around the countryside is good for the soul!